goji berries are a current superfood trend…spread peanut butter onto these loaf slices for a morning energy hit
Banana and goji berry loaf makes 10 slices; vegetarian
- 85g unsalted butter, softened
- 110g light muscovado sugar
- 1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 40g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 40g dried goji berries
- 30g dried banana chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin and line with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the peanut butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until well combined and smooth. Stir in the walnuts and goji berries.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined baking tin. Decorate with banana chips, whole walnuts and more goji berries. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, until golden brown, and a skewer comes out clean when put in the middle.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and serving. Store in an air tight container.