Tahini and honey cookies makes 10
tahini and honey are a killer combination. Tahini, which is made from sesame seeds and oil, is very much the Middle Eastern equivalent to peanut butter.
- 70g light brown sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 40g tahini
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 180g plain flour
- 1 heaped tbsp of sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C. Cream together the brown sugar and butter, until light and fluffy. Add the tahini, cinnamon and honey, and mix well.
- Add the flour and knead until a smooth dough is formed. Break the dough into 10 equal balls, and shape into discs. Coat them in sesame seeds on both sides.
- Place on a baking paper on a tray, 5cm apart. Bake for 16 minutes. Eat once cooled!
Date and cauliflower couscous vegan; serves 2
cauliflower “couscous” is a new trend that’s taking over courgette “spaghetti”. I’ve added some spice and fruit. This will be a unique accompaniment to a summer BBQ.
- 400g cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A handful of dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- t tsp ground cumin
- 100g couscous
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Pulse the chopped cauliflower florets in a food processor until it has the consistency of couscous.
- Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the cauliflower and chopped dates in garlic, turmeric and cumin, tossing regularly. Cook until the cauliflower is lightly toasted, and has a rich golden brown colour.
- Combine with the couscous. Sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds and coriander, and drizzle with pomegranate molasses.
Grilled aubergine, pomegranate and almond salad serves 2; vegetarian
this filling and nutritious salad has a fruit and nut twist
- 1 aubergine, sliced into 1 cm discs
- 1 pomegranate, seeds remove
- 1 hass avocado
- A handful of almonds
- 1 beetroot, chopped
- 100g feta, chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle of tahini, to serve
- Fry the aubergine in olive oil, salt and chilli flakes, for 3 minutes on each side. You may need to add a dash more oil. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen roll, which will soak up the excess oil.
- Keep the heat on, and toast the almonds in the pan for 2 minutes, continuously tossing.
- Arrange the aubergine discs on the plate and scatter over the avocado, beetroot, feta, pomegranate and almonds. Drizzle with tahini and a squeeze of lemon.