Mango and Asian mushrooms teriyaki soba vegan; serves 2
don’t be skeptical of the combination of shiitake, enoki and oyster with ripe, juicy mango
- 300g Asian mushrooms (I’ve used shiitake, enoki, and oyster)
- 1/2 large fresh mango, chopped into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 bundles of soba noodles (approximately 180g)
- In a frying pan, heat a little vegetable oil on a medium heat and sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Boil a pan of water and cook the soba noodles.
- Whilst the noodles are cooking, combine the dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, sesame seed oil, garlic and curry powder. Pour onto the sautéing mushrooms, and add the chopped mango. Fry for a further minute.
- Serve up piping hot, and with sriracha sauce, if an extra kick is needed.