Sweetcorn hash browns vegetarian; serves 2
I tried something similar at a Boston Tea Party café and wanted to recreate it for myself…with added spice, of course.
- 2 medium sized potatoes, grated
- 2 heaped tbsp drained tinned sweetcorn
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fresh red chilli
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Grate the potatoes into a clean tea towel, or kitchen paper, and squeeze the liquid out by twisting the towel. Once dry, remove and place in a bowl.
- Mix in the sweetcorn and bind with the beaten egg. Season well. If the consistency isn’t solid enough, add more sweetcorn.
- Heat a frying pan with a generous amount of vegetable oil. Add heaped spoonfuls of the mixture into the pan and flatten into patties. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until crispy. Top with fresh chopped chilli.
- Serve with grilled asparagus, fried halloumi and poached eggs.