Walnut pesto and mushroom pasta serves 2
pesto does not have to be exclusively made with pine nuts
- 60g walnuts, broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 20g fresh basil
- 30g parmesan cheese, thinly shaved
- 200g pasta of your choice
- 1 tsp oil with truffle extract
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- Boil the pasta in salted water. While this is cooking, blend the broken walnut pieces, olive oil, basil and parmesan in a food processor. Pulse into it combines into a relatively smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry sliced chestnut mushrooms in truffle oil and garlic.
- Drain the pasta, and combine with the pesto and mushrooms.