Tahini and honey cookies makes 10
tahini and honey are a killer combination. Tahini, which is made from sesame seeds and oil, is very much the Middle Eastern equivalent to peanut butter.
- 70g light brown sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 40g tahini
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 180g plain flour
- 1 heaped tbsp of sesame seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C. Cream together the brown sugar and butter, until light and fluffy. Add the tahini, cinnamon and honey, and mix well.
- Add the flour and knead until a smooth dough is formed. Break the dough into 10 equal balls, and shape into discs. Coat them in sesame seeds on both sides.
- Place on a baking paper on a tray, 5cm apart. Bake for 16 minutes. Eat once cooled!