Ricotta and passion fruit pancakes serves 2
these light summer pancakes, made with a ricotta batter, have the texture and flavour of cheesecake. Cheesecake for breakfast. What a winner.
- 125g ricotta
- 125ml coconut flavoured almond milk
- 50g plain flour
- 1 large egg, yolk and whites separated
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 passionfruit
- A handful of coconut chips
- 1 tbsp honey
- Mix the ricotta, egg yolk and milk in a bowl until well combined. Stir in the flour and baking powder, until it becomes a batter with no lumps.
- Beat the egg whites with a whisk, by hand, until they become foamy. Fold this into pancake batter.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on arelatively high heat. Drop in tablespoons of batter – you’ll be able to cook four at a time. Cook for two minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, scatter over coconut chips and drizzle over honey and passionfruit.