Date and cauliflower couscous vegan; serves 2
cauliflower “couscous” is a new trend that’s taking over courgette “spaghetti”. I’ve added some spice and fruit. This will be a unique accompaniment to a summer BBQ.
- 400g cauliflower
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A handful of dates, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- t tsp ground cumin
- 100g couscous
- 40g pomegranate seeds
- 15g fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Pulse the chopped cauliflower florets in a food processor until it has the consistency of couscous.
- Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan. Add the cauliflower and chopped dates in garlic, turmeric and cumin, tossing regularly. Cook until the cauliflower is lightly toasted, and has a rich golden brown colour.
- Combine with the couscous. Sprinkle on the pomegranate seeds and coriander, and drizzle with pomegranate molasses.