All-the-mushrooms ramen serves 1; vegetarian
ramens are messy, playful, and they sparkle with nutrition. I’ve used egg-based noodles, but this can easily be replaced with vegan, rice-based udon or soba noodles.
- Fresh shimeji, eryngii, and enoki mushrooms, available from Asian supermarkets
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 90g ramen noodles
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Half a clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Start by soaking the dried shiitake mushrooms in 100ml boiled water. This will serve as the broth.
- Very lightly fry the Asian speciality mushrooms and the spring onions in garlic and sesame seed oil. Take care to not damage the delicate mushrooms.
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. Drain, and place in a deep bowl. Add the shiitake broth with a tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Remove the mushrooms from the frying pan and neatly arrange on top of you noodle broth. Serve immediately.