Grilled aubergine, pomegranate and almond salad serves 2; vegetarian
this filling and nutritious salad has a fruit and nut twist
- 1 aubergine, sliced into 1 cm discs
- 1 pomegranate, seeds remove
- 1 hass avocado
- A handful of almonds
- 1 beetroot, chopped
- 100g feta, chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle of tahini, to serve
- Fry the aubergine in olive oil, salt and chilli flakes, for 3 minutes on each side. You may need to add a dash more oil. Remove from the pan and place on kitchen roll, which will soak up the excess oil.
- Keep the heat on, and toast the almonds in the pan for 2 minutes, continuously tossing.
- Arrange the aubergine discs on the plate and scatter over the avocado, beetroot, feta, pomegranate and almonds. Drizzle with tahini and a squeeze of lemon.